May 22, 2012

summer reads

I love reading, but only if I can find a book that can catch my attention within the first few chapters. If it doesn't, there's no chance in my picking up the book again, but if it does I'll try reading at stop lights, during class, anywhere.
I figured I would put together a list of books that I read, or want to read for this summer. If I liked it, I'm sure anyone would.

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy.
I actually tried reading the Hunger Games once before, and couldn't get into it. But I tried again, and fell in love. The characters, situations and twists and turns through out the books make them absolutely amazing.

2. Skinny Dipping - Bethenny Frankel
I heard about this book through Elvis Duran & the morning show. It's about the life of living in LA (hopefully my future home one day). I haven't read it yet, but it seems like it'd be a perfect read for the beach.

3. Game of Thrones Series
I just picked up this book from target for $6. I like a book that can last me a while, since I seem to go through them within a day. I didn't know if I would be into this type of book, but it's really popular and I've heard a lot of good things. I just finished the first chapter and want to keep reading. I was pretty lost at first, but towards the end of the chapter I found my way and ended up getting that addicting feeling.



4. Lauren Conrad books


 
I haven't read any of her novels, but I think they'll be my next pick. I love her style book, but haven't purchased it yet (I just flipped through while my mom was shopping at TJMaxx).

0 comments:

Post a Comment