October 12, 2011

Wishlist: Ikea

I have an obsession with reorganizing and decoration my bedroom. So when I convinced my parents to let me switch to a smaller, cozier bedroom, I was so excited. I love cozy spaces, where you can snuggle up and watch movies, or type a blog post on your bed, and really enjoy the space surrounding you. I won't have a walk in closet, or a queen size bed anymore. But I will have the peace, quiet and comfort I've been craving. I've been planning to paint the room soon, but I can't decide on what color, a taupe grey or a beige. Other then that, I have everything else planned. All I need is time to paint, and a trip to Ikea. I put together a little wish list of what I want, thinking somebody with a crazy obsession like mine might enjoy it.

So here we go. The first thing I want is a coffee table. My new room will be too small to have a vanity and a desk, and I don't really use a desk as it is, just to put my laptop on it. So I figured a coffee table would be perfect, since I will have a daybed (which basically looks like a couch). I found one at Ikea for only $20! It's called the LACK coffee table.

I love that it has a shelf on the bottom. You can put magazines or the laptop there when not in use so the top is clear of all clutter.

The next thing I need to get is a display case. I saw one at my local Ikea for around $200. A little pricey, but it's cute and can be used for many different things. I couldn't find the exact one online, but I found a similar one, but a doubled price tag. This one is the HEMNES cabinet.
I want to store my makeup in the display case. The good thing about the one I saw at the store was you could get wooden doors instead of glass if you didn't want them to be a display.
I found a couple boxes like these CD boxes and Variety sized boxes that would be perfect for putting makeup in, and have a clean organized look as well.









The look I'm going for is shabby chic, small florals and pops of color. I found a floral duvet for only $17! It's the ALVINE Ă–RTER Duvet Cover. It's perfect for what I'm thinking, I'd just need a solid colored blanket to break up all of the design, it can get a little over bearing.



I also want to get a bunch of pillows to line the back and sides of my daybed, like in Pretty Little Lairs. (Aria's room) But I know I won't have enough money for all of this stuff. I guess that's why they call it a wish list.

What are you must haves from Ikea?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment