February 27, 2011

NOTD: Newspaper Nails


I'm going to make a video tutorial on this, but I figured I'd quickly explain how I did this nail art.
I started experimenting with nail art, and recently I came across newspaper nails. I used Essie's Master Plan nail polish. I let it completely dry, which is the first important thing. Another super important thing is to not put a top coat on yet. This procedure will not work if you use a top coat. After your nail polish has dried, you'll want a small glass of rum (unflavored) or vodka. I haven't tried it with rubbing alcohol, so I'm not sure if that will work if you don't have access. Dip one finger in the alcohol. Then I took small pieces of newspaper. (sorry I don't have pictures to show you, but a video will be up on my youtube soon.) Press the paper onto the nail and lift. The words will be transferred to your nail (they'll be backwards). I crisscrossed my words and made them fade when going back towards the cuticles. I'll go into more detail in the video on how to do that. I did this with each nail, and applied a topcoat once each nail was dried. And there you have it, newspaper nails :)

1 comments: