January 30, 2011

Valentines Day Haul: Swatches & Descriptions

I have been so in the mood for pink, hearts and all that jazz. Drugstore makeup has been reminding me a lot of Valentines Day, so I decided to put together a little haul of the few things I recently got. They all had something in common, they either had pink, hearts or had some sort of Valentines feel to them, so I thought I can combine some of the products to make a Valentines Day look (coming up soon :]) So here's where the swatches and my personal opinion about the products will be posted, right down below:
(To see the full quality of the photos, click them to enlarge.)

Jesse's Girl Cosmetics: Fruit Punch
A nice shimmery hot pink, there isn't much, if any glitter or reflex.
It looks dewy and super pretty on.
  None of these swatches are used with a primer.


Such a pretty shimmery baby pink color. Little to no reflex (that I can tell)
It'd be a super pretty highlight and inner corner color.


I could barely get any swatches from this.
The pink and brownish-purple isn't pigmented at all, it's super sheer.
The darker purple meant for the liner is the only one that's pigmented.

I feel like this product is going to be a super-fail.
You can't make a whole makeup look with one sweep of a sponge applicator.
Not all eye shapes will fit that, also.

I am in LOVE. This reminds me of the Stila blush.
It looks almost exactly like this, but has more pinks then browns.
This is almost a highlighter, and I don't have any. So I'm super excited over this.
Its a sheer color (not super white) but it comes off as a dewy, warm glow. 
This would be perfect for any skin color.

Theres a gold hint to it, and the single pink heart gives a warm glow to the whole color.

This mascara is so wet, you can see on the bristles of the brush, that the mascara isn't even coating them.
It's wetter then the falsies mascara, and I think it's probably the worst one I've ever tried.
But that's for another blog post and video. Hahah ;)

I LOVE these lip stain/stick/gloss. 
They last forever and have a ton of colors.
This one is my new favorite, its a sparkly nude color, and perfect for everyday.
The applicator works perfect for the formula since it applies evenly on your lips.
The chapstick on the other side is so moisturizing and it looks like a gloss.
These are by far my favorite lip products ever. They last ALL day, and are super pigmented.
I think they're a lot better then the stains at the drugstore.


0 comments:

Post a Comment