January 30, 2011

Piercing 101: Nose Peircing


In the video I made, I talked about my experience with having my nose pierced, but on here I'm going to talk about the process of getting it pierced and the after-care. Make sure you always check back for extra little tips like these ;)
Let's get started:

How They Pierced It:
1) The first thing they did was wash their hands and get all of the equipment ready while I sat on the table.
2) He throughly cleaned in and out (and around) my nose with a dark orange cleanser. He used a q-tip to do this. He did this step about 3 times.
3) Then, he marked where the piercing would go, and told me to check it. It looked fine, so I left the mark.
4) He told me to lay down and take deep breathes, while he held the clamp onto my nostril. (most people say this is the most painful step, and it doesn't even hurt. It just feels like pressure.)
5) He told me to take one deep breath in and let it out on the count of three, while I breathed out, he stuck the needle directly on the spot and straight through. This didn't hurt at all since it was fast.
6) He quickly slid the needle down through the bottom of my nose. Since piercing needles are hollow, the ring/stud/jewelry sits on the top of the needle so it goes in when the needle slides out.
7) The stud was really long, so he grabbed a tool (possibly needle-nose pliers.) and cut and twisted the stud so it wouldn't fall out.
8) He then cleaned it one last time, and it was done.

This was totally painless to me, but my eye did water since your nose and eyes are so close to each other. But anyone I've talked to has said the same thing happened to them.

After Care:
1) NEVER use alcohol to clean a fresh piercing. It will kill all the bacteria (good and bad) and dry out the area, causing a longer healing time
2) Use a salt water wash (a teaspoon of salt water with a little luke warm water) on a cotton swab to wash around the piercing.
3) You can also use an anti-bacterial soap.
4) Try not to touch the piercing or irritate it with makeup / face wash, ect.
5) If your piercing is still swollen after a couple days, call your piercer.
6) If your piercing oozes with green/yellow puss (sorry, gross. I know!) call your piercer immediately, it's infected.
7) Do not apply pressure (ex: don't sleep on your new piercing until it is fully healed) to any piercing you can get a helix bubble (a bubble forms around the piercing.)
8) If your piercing does get infected, do not take out the jewelry. If unfortunately this does happen, the jewelry will act as an exit hole for all puss, dirt, infection. If you take out the jewelry, the hole will close, keeping the infection in your body.
9) To get rid of an infection clean the piercing three times a day with salt water wash or anti-bacterial soap. (soaking the piercing in the salt water really helps, also) Go to the doctor immediately, try to get medication but do not take out the jewelry (reason stated above.)

I hope this helped and these rules apply to any piercing. If you have any questions feel free to message me on youtube, or leave a comment here and a way to get back to you and I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment